Did you know that thrills come in different styles and with varying levels of thrillness?
For instance, there is the thrill that comes on the first day of school, with the new clothes, the lovely new pencils and fresh paper (don't you just love --- well, maybe you don't --- but I love new notebooks and other paper and pencils and pens and markers, etc.) I think I'll call this a "New Experience" thrill and give it a thrillness level of 10 (on a one to ten scale). Of course, I always loved school. You may give it a thrillness level of 3. Whatever floats your boat.
Then there is the thrill of Christmas, with the smells --- candy canes, Christmas trees, gingerbread, wet dog --- the tastes --- popcorn cake, egg nog, your favorite Christmas dinner --- the people to visit and places to go and sights to see! I'll call this an "Anticipatory Delight" thrill, and again, give a rating of 10. Who wouldn't?
So tonight, I am experiencing a new one. Its name? "Larsen News Blog Elation"!!! I just discovered that Hokan, in his absolute brilliance, has given me a lovely, large, family audience for my previously obscure blog.!!! Thank you, Hokan!!! David has been my biggest fan up to now, named as such due to his fierce loyalty. He has even called to tell me "You haven't updated your blog for a long time!" I feel so loved and in demand, just because of Dave, Erin, Amy, Denise, and Levi. Just imagine how special I'll feel now that all the rest of the family can now click on the link to my blog and find out what's up with me and mine!! I am thrilled beyond any thrillness chartability! Delighted beyond delight!! Gloriously gleeful!!! My thrill level at this time is a definite 10!!!!!
Just so you know that I don't give every life experience a thrillness rating of ten, I'll tell you that I have been working earlier hours at the grocery store deli lately, and today's shift was so far the best...from 11 a.m. til 6 p.m. I had oodles of time after work to pick up some groceries, drive through my favorite chocolate shop (yes, they have a drive-thru window), play two games of Scrabble with Levi, read with Austin, tickle Justin, hear about Heather's day at cosmetology school, make dinner, switch laundry loads, and take a luscious bubble bath!!! How lovely! When I am there until the deli closes, I get home in just enough time to greet everyone, put my purse down, and rest for a few minutes before Austin's bedtime (which is at ten o'clock). As happy as I was with this "Best Day So Far" thrill, I would only give it a thrill rating of an 8. There. Proof positive that every thrill does not get that coveted "10".
Now that I know my blog will be available, I'll likely use it much more often and keep everyone much more informed about what is up with us. I will also be checking out the blogs of everyone else who has one. How fun!!
Thanks, Hokan, for an all-new category of thrillability!!!
4 comments:
I probably should know who Hokan is, but I don't. Unless you kept in touch with that very cute exchange student from high school? The one we argued about, one claiming he must be German, and the other claiming he was Swedish. I don't remember which side I was on, but I was wrong, anyway. I'll admit it now.
Anyway, I'm happy to know you have a thrill equal to or even exceeding that of new school supplies. Do you sniff the pages of brand-new books, too? I do. Better than crack. I hope you make good on your promise to write in your blog more!
oh, I'm glad I wasn't just annoying you. Good to know.
Also, if you stick your nose far enough in between the new pages of a book, you will be smelling crack.
Janet, you remind me of Anne Shirley in this post when she asks Matthew, "Do things like this ever give you a thrill Matthew?" "Well, picking out those little white grubs from the tomato patch." "Yes, I can see how that can be very thrilling."
Gotta love that movie!
Erin, I gotta tell you that I thought of that part of AoGG when I was writing this particular post. I love that you picked up on it as easily as it came to my mind!!
And Denise, Hokan is Terri's oldest kid, who will be 16 in a matter of months. I remember that other Hokan, though. I always thought it was weird that his name was spelled HAKAN (with the umlout--sp?), but was pronounced HOKAN. Even if it WAS of foreign origin.
Post a Comment