No special topic, no title, no agenda, no big news, no knowing what's coming next. Just me, talking off the top of my head because I feel like it.
So I scrubbed the stove today, and Justin saw that I was able to pull the burners out of their sockets in order to get the drip pans out. Then, I lifted the entire top and propped it on its handy-dandy prop bar so I could clean out the inside. Justin saw this, too. Last, but not least, I removed the control knobs and washed them as well as the panel underneath them, and Justin saw that, too. Having thoroughly cleaned the stove, I have to wonder how long it will be before Justin tries to take it all apart on his own. Will it be due to his immense desire to clean the stove? Will it be a matter of him thinking "because I can"? Will we find all the parts after his adventure in stove deconstruction? There are always things to worry about. Of course, I'm not a huge worrier, but I am finding myself concerned over the possible repercussions of my unintentional game of show-and-tell.
I recorded the movie Easter Parade on the DVR and have been trying to watch it for the last two days. Some movies are perfectly suited to watching in segments over a period of time. Ghandi, for instance. Easter Parade? Not so much.
After spending lots of time cleaning a stove and catching up on dishes, it's rather painful to dirty a few dishes and use the stove later in the day. I'm still thinking of that grilled sandwich I made on my pristine stove. Yes, it was tasty and filled my tummy, but yes, it was difficult to continue the dirty-clean-dirty cycle of the kitchen. I know that's the rule of the kitchen---neverending mess-making and mess-cleaning---but sometimes I just want to hit the pause button and enjoy the clean part of the cycle. Wait a minute....there is NO PAUSE BUTTON for the kitchen!!
Yesterday, Heather asked for a lesson in egg-salad sandwich making. Well...she can make the sandwich; it was mostly a lesson in the construction of egg salad. She now feels confident that she will be able to make her own egg salad in the future. So today, she asked for a lesson in making a killer sandwich (I have a reputation in our family for knowing how to make a great sammie), but I don't think today's lesson really worked out. For one thing, it started with Heather declaring that sandwiches always taste better when I make them-----not a sign of confidence in her ability to do so on her own. Secondly, she ended up getting ready for work while I made the sammie, so she missed the lesson anyway. Good thing she already has solid basic sammie skills. Killer sammies will come later, with practice.
There must not be anything else on the top of my head. End of post.
3 comments:
Joseph is perfectly capable of making his own sammie, but just thinks it tastes better if I make it (the exact same way) even peanut butter. We have a new favorite - a southwestern sandwich. Will send recipe soon....
random comment: Did Heather ever get her dog???
No, she decided against it when she realized she just didn't have the time to spend with it. After school is done and possibly when she moves out, she'll pursue the possibility again.
Post a Comment