Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Big, Juicy Day

Heather took her written final today and signed out.  She is officially through with cosmetology!  Now she just has to wait for that license to arrive in the mail!!  Yay!!!  After her lengthy checkout process, she met Myron and me at Levi's graduation.  The program was kept short and sweet, but there were over 500 graduates to be announced.  Whew!  From graduation, Heather left for work while Myron, Levi, and I went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner.  Yum!  From the restaurant, the three of us drove to the airport to drop Myron off 2 hours early for his flight to California.  Levi and I drove home, stopping first to buy a few groceries.  I'm pooped.  Thank heaven for boxed mac & cheese!  Dinner for Justin and Austin was manageable on low energy because of that little culinary wonder. 

What an exciting time for our family!!  Justin finished school this year, so we basically had three graduations in the last month.  That and Myron's job interview this week make for a very eventful period of time.

Yes, Myron is interviewing with a company in California.  The job is very similar to what he has done over the course of his career, especially the last several years.  It's only an interview.  Please, don't make a big deal of it.  I will keep you updated; if you don't hear from me, it's because I have nothing to tell.

Had today been a slice of watermelon, it would have been an enormous, juicy elbow-dripper.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Shoot, I should have read this post earlier. I just finished telling every dog in the neighborhood about the job interview.

My fingers are crossed!

Leanne said...

I had watermelon yesterday, ice cream AND corn on the cob. I love and can't wait for summer!! Congrats on all the graduations! I hope that Myron gets a job that he loves in a place that you and the kids will enjoy. We remember you in our prayers. Probably it is taking so long because the perfect job is coming and it will be worth the wait. You need a little side bar on your blog like David did for med school updates only for Myrons job interviews! love you sister!! You're good people, I know everything will end up working out for you!