Saturday, July 24, 2010

New scenery

I don't use a .....the word escapes me.  I know this term.  Can't retrieve it from my brain.  You know...one of those e-things that keeps you up to date on blogs you follow and stuff like that.  When I want to see what's up with everyone, I go to my own blog and use my links to the blogs of my loved ones.  As a result, I frequently see the most recent post on my blog.  Every time I check to see who has posted recently, I get to see that same post until finally I get sick of seeing it over and over again and I post something new, just to get that old thing out of the way.  This is my purpose in blogging today. 

Also, I find myself longing for change lately.  Changing one's blog is easier than making many other types of changes.  It's easier than rearranging furniture, much easier than repainting, and definitely easier than adding an extra bedroom onto your house.  Plus, it's free.  I can always afford to change my blog, whereas redecorating/remodeling are always somewhat if not completely cost-prohibitive. 

On a recent episode of Hell's Kitchen (one of my new faves), the winning contestant of the day was given a thousand dollars to spend in a kitchen supply store.  It made me think, "Hey, I want a thousand dollars and no restrictions on where I can spend it!"  If I had a thousand dollars and was not allowed to use it to pay bills, buy groceries, etc, here's what I might buy:

1.  a Nook, the Barnes & Noble e-reader.  I can't wait to get one!!  That would leave me with about 725 dollars, with which I would buy
2.  at least 75 dollars worth of new e-books so I could play with my Nook.  Now I would have 650 dollars, so I would buy
3.  an iPod Classic.  I listen to music and/or movies on my iPod to help me fall asleep at night, and I would love to be able to have all my digital movies on my iPod at one time.  Yep.  All four of them.  This item would cost around 225, leaving me with 425 dollars.  I would then purchase
4.  a netbook, a small laptop with no cd drive but with great portability and a usb port for flash drive plug-ins. 

Wow, I am really into big-ticket items lately!!  I'm not usually difficult to please.  In fact, I'd be over the moon with delight at the chance to choose new Sharpie markers in a rainbow of colors, along with a variety of notebooks, binders, and other fun paper.  I do love me some office supplies!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh! Schmancy! And very, very YOU.

L Anne Tanner said...

I LOVE the colors on your blog!!! Interesting that you would spend all your money on technology. 20 years ago, what would you have spent it on? and I am surprised you did not include a trip to NY. or chocolate :-)

Unknown said...

A trip to New York on only a thousand bucks? No way. And chocolate, I can afford always. There's always a way to buy chocolate, whereas gadgets take big bucks!!