Friday, April 08, 2011

Getting Up to Speed

Today, Thursday, April 7, as I am experiencing it because, though technically it is Friday (1:05 a.m. on my computer clock), I have not yet ended my Thursday-----and this, you are about to see, has become a very long run-on sentence of Austenesque proportions, which has brought me to such a place where I am now tempted to give up completely, largely due to the fact that though comparing in length to a Jane Austen sentence, this sentence has precious little literary merit; nevertheless, I digress to the point of stating that this day on which I write is the third anniversary in weeks of the day I fell and broke my elbow---this being the case, I desired to celebrate by attempting to type a new blog message with both hands.   
In the spirit of full disclosure, I will type the rest of my message without correcting my miste=akes, including any and all attempts to backapace and correct my spelling.   these attempts to correct can be easliyspotted because in the wee==akness of my right writ=st and its inability to swivel as fully as desired, I keep hitting the equal mark key instead of the backspace =key which is located just to l=the left of the backspace key and is therefore more likely to be the receiver of a hit from my right pinky than the backspace I am aiming for.  I actually feel quite proud that most of this message can be at least understood, if not actulaay read--  flut--=e0   scratch that.    I feel goo d= that my meaning might be construed, if not read fluently. 

I went to Spc==ial Needs mutual with Jusitn and austin tonight, thatn=ks to Liza, who drove us and then took us to the s====grocety--grocery store and drove us through McDonald's to get our weekly hamburger dinner.  Lots of people wanted to hear about my fall and the surgery and how Im==I'm doing, then on the t=== to the store where I work (worked----new stuff happened at the deli while I've been out and I am not guaranteed a job to come back to) and wehre ===where we bought a few groceries and I was so happy to see so many of my works [=[- work friends who I have been missing.  Justin kepts running away with the grocery cart and thinking he was hilarious,
aus-===
Austin kept thinking he needed to bring Justin back to me, so he kept taking off too.  Good thing Liza had dropped her daughter Sariah with me as weell, to help me shop.  By the time we got out of the store and home with food to eat, I was long overdue for paid medication and completely hammered.  I ate and tried to rea=-relasx but my back was killing me and Hether and I had an appointment in the kitchen for a cooking lessin I had promised several weeks back and that coulld not be delayed because the finished product was to be givien to someone tomorrow.  So upto the kith=chen I went which was good becasue it kephed-----what the heck was tha t word?  It helped take my mind of hte pain in my elbosww and Heather had fun learning to make shepherd's pie. 

With our cooking lesson done, Heather helped me settle into my bed, loaning me a pillow from her bed that I must say is absolute heaven.  I watched a little tv and then felt like catching up my email and blog before going to sleep. 

So here we are, and I didn't tell you the details of my fall and surgery which I was going to share when I started, but we did discuss my inability to type very well, so the title I chose at the beginnng stil fits, because we can all see that I need to work at getting my typing back up to speed.

2 comments:

Erin L said...

I hope your elbow feels better. And I hope everything with your job works out. And I hope you know that I love you!

Denise said...

Judging from your typing, they must have you on some very good drugs.

I know, it's the elbow, but c'mon, there's gotta be a little narcotic input, yes?

Liza sounds like an ideal friend for an injured mom, and Heather an ideal daughter. I'm glad people are taking good care of you!