Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Can't Call in Sick!!!

I'm sick and my kids, who I love, are driving me batty, mostly my youngest. He's adorable, lovable, sweet, and fun. But I'm sick and he's in my face!!! How's a stay-at-home mom who usually loves it supposed to get better with all these people hanging around still wanting me and thinking they can't live without me?

I know somebody who sometimes gets depressed and thinks that her family would be better off without her. I don't get that. I get depressed and think that my family would shrivel up and die without me. I can't stand being THAT needed.

It's moments such as these that make me more fully appreciate the old song that says, "Make the world go away and get it off my shoulders". And James Taylor's soothing, melt-me rendition of On The Roof. Today, these are my theme songs.

No comments: