I was on the way to work today, and thought to myself, "I'm so glad this station is playing Christmas music! I love it!!" Then the dreaded, awful, only Christmas song I really can't stand came on the radio and I-----I, a huge fan of Christmas music-----hurriedly changed the station and eloquently said,"YECH!!!!"
After work, I got into the car and felt a tickle of delight run through me as I heard Christmas again on the radio. Then, not quite halfway home, a new song came on and......you guessed it. The dastardly wicked 'YECH' song once more.
What kid, if his mom is in the hospital dying, goes out to buy her the perfect pair of shoes? I hate that song. It's so sappy and manipulative. I don't mind a nice, touching song, but that one is way too contrived, like the guy is trying to pull the tears out of his listeners.
Now here's a Christmas song I can get behind. It's my alltime favorite:
4 comments:
I am really suprized to see David Bowie singing a spiritual Christmas song. Of course this was in his younger days. But in the 80's he was the epitome of music gone wrong. He also announced way before it was anywhere near common that he was a bisexual. Anyway that video was really different than how he turned out. Oh, and it was a nice song. I never heard it before.
I always turn off the christmas shoes song, too. Drives me nuts.
I have had a thing for David Bowie ever since Labyrinth. Goblin King? Sexy!
I love that song, too, because Bing Crosby and David Bowie are pretty much the most surreal duo ever.
I just LOVE Bing Crosby! That song was soooo beautiful...it gave me goose bumps! YAY for Christmas songs!!!!! Are you guys going to make it to Rupert for Thanksgiving? We miss you all!
Hi Janet!! I agree with you on that dumb song! But Nick said, "what? you don't love that song? I love it!" I tried to tell him we got sick of reading the FWD: SAPPY EMAIL version of the story the first 80 thousand times it was pumped through the internet so that we no longer felt it was earnest when it became a SONG. He was undeterred from his affection for the song (because he hasn't any email). I love Bing Crosby!
Post a Comment