Oh, it was a fabulous trip!!
We had a thoroughly enjoyable drive down, and the trip just got better from there. We hadn't been there long when we had our first adventure-ette, which I have promised Sherry not to write about here. We laughed so hard over it, and I learned something that I was quite surprised to learn from Sherry, of all people. On day two, I surprised both Sherry and myself by waking up before the alarm went off. It was a good day. The weather was perfect for tramping around campus without a jacket--lovely and a bit cool but not at all chilly. The highlight for me that day was singing a hymn during one of the presentations, led by Merrilee Webb, who directed the instant choir the year Sherry and I participated in it. She is so awesomely fun and enthusiastic!!! She gave us a bit of instruction on how she wanted to sing it, and then we just plunged into it, and the resulting sound gave me goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Beautiful!! Sherry and I went everywhere together all day, and that evening we went shopping for a lamp so I could sit up in bed without waking Sherry with the overhead light, since she is better at falling asleep than I am. Later that night, I suddenly thought I should check the charge on my phone, and it turned out that I no longer had my phone. I had left it on the toilet paper dispenser at ShopKo. The next day we had another adventure-ette searching for my phone and trying to make Utah phone calls with Sherry's phone that had a broken zero key. Dialing the 801 area code is pretty tricky when your zero key is broken. Did I say tricky? No. It's impossible. Luckily, our husbands were available at numbers that were saved in Sherry's phone, and they helped us with the phone calls. Nobody had my phone. Buh-bye, cell phone. However, we enjoyed all the sessions we went to on Friday, we did some shopping for our kids, and we gabbed and laughed and enjoyed the day fully. L. Tom Perry was the speaker at the closing session, and he was so wonderful! We both wished he could have taken more time! After freshening up, we went to ShopKo to check on my phone in person---one last ditch effort to find it, to no avail. Then we went to the Olive Garden for dinner, and we had the absolute yummiest meal there!! Back to the dorm after that, and we played games and laughed so hard, we couldn't figure why anybody ever needs a drink to have a good time!! Saturday, we slept until after eight, then got up and packed for checkout at nine. And, miracle of miracles, we got a text from Myron saying that my phone had been found by a girl at ShopKo!!! We made plans to meet up with her in American Fork. We had to go there anyway to pick up a bike helmet for Steve. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Well, picking up the helmet was simple. In and out, it was a quick errand that took less than five minutes. We then proceeded to find the address we had been given. What happened next was not an adventure-ette. It was an all-out adventure. We drove and drove and decided we were in the wrong place. Sherry saw an older gentleman out in his driveway, hosing down his van. We stopped and Sherry asked "What town are we in?" We were in Lehi. The man gave us directions for which we heartily thanked him. Halfway through following his instructions, we realized that he had been quite wrong. It occurred to us that we might not have trusted his directions had we been quicker to register the fact that he was washing his car during a rainstorm. We were on our own again. We drove through another town, the name of which escapes me. Highland, perhaps? I can no longer remember all the details of the rest of the drive, but it took us, all in all, an hour (and some roundabout phone calling) to find the location of the girl's workplace. Sherry and I at this point were very interested to see a map of American Fork and its boundaries. We did finally find my phone rescuer and she gave me my phone. On we went, stopping to walk through the IKEA store on our way home. We got lost in IKEA. That is one enormous store, and it was packed with people, especially young families with little kids everywhere!!! By the time we stopped in Bountiful for lunch, we had definitely worked up good hearty appetites!!! What a fun, unpredictable, outrageous trip!
I came home to Aussie's birthday!!! Fifteen this year!! He had a great day! What an adorable kid he is!!
3 comments:
I am so happy you had a great time and found your phone!
Lehi.....Highland......American Fork.....all my neighbors. *sob* I know, the borders are insane. You can never tell when you're leaving one city and entering the next. I'm glad you found your phone, though!
WoW! what a trip! WC is always a blast, it can't be helped. Even if you loose your phone (glad you got it back!)
Post a Comment