Saturday, October 10, 2009

News, news, news

What a week!!!  Having spent the weekend mostly flat on my back in lots of pain, I was diagnosed with a sprain of my fifth lumbar vertebra and a flare-up of an old problem with my sacroiliac.  I'm being treated by my chiropractor and I'm able to move, walk, drive, and even go to work again, though for the next week or so I'm being careful with my hours.  I'm so glad my manager is being nice about it!  And I'm so glad to be getting better.

The day after my diagnosis, ATK --- Myron's workplace for the last 22 years --- laid off 500 people.  499 of them weren't Myron.  One of them, however, would be interested in knowing who you know who might be interested in hiring a handsome, talented, hard-working dude such as my husband. 

The day after the layoff, Heather's car was broken into --- in the night.  The day after that, she discovered the break-in.  Turns out they wanted nothing but her stereo which they were unable to remove.  Nothing was missing------just a broken driver's window to replace. 

All in all, I'd say it has been a very lucky week.  My back is not seriously hurt and is mending well.  Myron has a five month severance package and is receiving free assistance with his resume and job-search (paid for by ATK for a month or two).  And Heather did not have anything stolen when her car was damaged, nor was she herself injured or even nearby when the would-be thieves did the deed. 

Whew!!  I wonder what's coming up next week.

4 comments:

Erin L said...

"Lucky week." You are awesome.

In my family, we consider Chevy Cavaliers to be our "Lucky" car. Even though in our family there have been 4 wrecks involving that particular model, nobody has ever been injured. What "Luck."

Amy said...

I didn't know about Myron, that sucks! It is great, however, that they will help him out w/severence pay and job search assistance. You definately win the Pollyanna award today!

Denise said...

Talk about looking on the bright side! I'm sorry to hear about Myron's job. You have always been a non-whiner, so allow me to grouse for you. That absolutely sucks that they would lay off someone who has been with them for 22 years!!! That kind of company loyalty is unheard of these days!

Okay, grousing over. I'll keep an eye out, and I'll tell Dave to do the same. What kind of job is he looking for, exactly? I mean, I kind of know what he did, in general terms, but specifics would be helpful.

Hugs and love to you, my lucky friend!

Karla said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bummer of a week, but happy you found somethings good about it. I also suffer from back problems from time to time and it is so hard to get anything done when your back is hurting! Take it easy!