Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Re-arranging the furniture

I always loved rearranging my bedroom furniture when I was a teenager.  It freshened up my room, gave it a brand new feeling, and gave me a lift and a sense of change, which I love.  Then, when I got married, I carried that fancy for fixing furniture into that new phase of my life.  I was constantly moving couches, chairs, end tables, nightstands, beds, dressers, and what-have-you, always searching for that elusive "perfect" arrangement that felt exactly right.  I still search for the right configurations of items in my living room, kitchen, and yes, still, my bedroom. 

The exciting news is that I seem to have finally found one particular arrangement that suits me very well.  It is the arrangement of my blog!  Every time I see it, I feel all cozy and happy, as if I had just crawled inside a slightly melted Hershey bar and fallen asleep, dreaming of chocolate-drenched almonds, hazelnuts bathing in Belgian chocolate, new packages of blue pens and fresh paper, lovely hard-bound books, and miles and miles of yarn. 

AAaahh......home.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Wow, you make me hungry! I am so happy to hear that you love moving furniture around. I also love to do that. I just rearranged the girl's room and they love it even though the new arrangement shrunk their room considerably and gives them less space for "living".

L Anne Tanner said...

I seem to have so many objects to move around that there aren't that many ways to get them to fit any more. I had a hard time finding room for the Christmas tree!!