Sunday, December 20, 2009

I've Got Personality

So Dave commented on my last post.  He said he didn't think he had been harsh with me (I had said he berated me).  I was first moved to post an apology to him, but then decided to post more about me instead.

I recently read some stuff about my personality type.  If you're into the study of personality, you will understand when I say that I am a yellow.  Or maybe you identify more with the word 'sanguine'.  That would be me.  I like to use the color as opposed to the clinical sounding word 'sanguine'. 

When I think it sounds fun to organize my housework on 3x5 cards and even manage to make all the cards and put the system together only to forget to use the system, I am being very yellow.  When you and I are having a conversation and I keep interrupting you, I am being yellow.  When my blog slips my mind for a month, my yellow is showing.  I also exhibit my yellowness when I volunteer for speaking assignments or other spotlight-type of situations, as I love being the center of attention, which is a very yellow trait.  My main motivator is fun, so I tend to find ways to enjoy whatever I am doing.  Yellows, in general, are better starters than finishers.  I also like to maintain a sense of not disappearing into the crowd. 

One more thing that often happens with yellows:  we tend to exaggerate.  For instance, when my kid brother asked me how I had broken my finger and said that I had never explained that on my blog, I described that as having been berated, which really was an enormous, gihugic, elephantine, Leviathan exaggeration. 

Did you know that I subscribe to the Word of the Day at http://www.merriamwebster.com/?

4 comments:

Erin L said...

I have done the color code before and I was a blue-yellow. I could identify with so many of your "yellow" traits but the one thing that is different was described like this: "blue-yellows will spontaneously pack up all the kids for a day at the beach and once there will think about all the things they should be doing at home." That is me.

Karla said...

I love the color yellow but don't think that is my personality. What color likes to blend into the wall and just watch the yellows?

Denise said...

I love the yellow about you. It brings my bluish white out of its shell.

L Anne Tanner said...

Karla, that would be white. I am also a white, with a pale yellow tint (I love Janet's bright yellow personality!), some people might think that I have a tiny bit of red. (that would be the intelligent, want to take charge, knows how things should be color) but I believe the things I organize and try to make happen (reunions, newsletters, family website) are more a result of my white sense of values than any desire to run the world. I have very little blue (that would be the organized, put-together, clean and caring person - Amy you are my great example) Now I need to go lay down, all this thinking has made me tired.... (yep, white)