Friday, March 12, 2010

Pottery Everywhere!!

Austin came home today with two new objets d'art.  He is always so proud of the things he makes in his pottery class, and I love his enthusiasm!!  How can a mother resist receiving two more art projects to add to the others that adorn several rooms of the house?  Austin actually has a pretty good knack for it.  He has made some beautifully glazed bowls, and today, he also presented me with a pen holder on which has written "Pokemon" and his name, along with his own drawing of a Poke ball.  On my desk alone, there are now three works of useful art: a "chapstick holder", a pen holder, and a "cell phone holder".  There is another bowl on my hope chest which functions as a candy dish, and another resides on one of my bookshelves and holds my Spanish flash cards.  One more lives in my room, on my dresser, serving as a candle holder.  No, I see another one, on a higher shelf, making a lovely background for the summery-clad frog girl who lolls in front of it.  In the kitchen, displayed on the baker's rack, is the shoe that Heather crafted when she took pottery, which, by the way, is spectacular.  That girl knows shoes.  Also on said baker's rack rests an old-fashioned-style coffee pot, if I remember correctly.  In the center of the kitchen table are two bowls that Austin made shortly after Christmas.  The living room is home to two candy dishes (not all loaded), a decorative vase, and another candle holder.  In the downstairs bathroom rests a soap dish made by Justin when HE was in pottery, and in the upstairs bathroom is one of my favorite items, a bowl which Heather fashioned that houses cotton balls.  I'd be willing to bet that there is still more that I have not recalled at this time.  What can I say?  I love these things.  It's fun to keep throughout the house items that my kids have made---reminding me how awesome it is to be a mom!!   

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I, sitting at my computer looking at at the Liz-made purple ceramic cup that holds my desk pencils, can relate!