Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I know I'm about to be whining, but I don't care

However, you have the joy of choosing not to read my whine, so I shall barrel on ahead.

Some days are the absolute pits. I'm feeling all fine and dandy. We go to get pumpkins, we eat dinner, we are having fun, then---WHAM!! A ton of fibromyalgia bricks fall out of the sky and land all over me. Of course. I can't just have a good day all peachy keen from start to finish. Yes, I feel picked on. No, I don't feel apologetic about this whiney post yet.

Everything hurts. My scalp, my jaw, my skin, even the palms of my hands. And my feet feel highly claustrophobic in my shoes, but I am leaving them on as long as possible because I've been having so much pain from plantar fasciitis that I'm wearing shoes almost around the clock to help alleviate the problem. But that's another story altogether.

When everything starts to hurt, it also leaves me feeling somewhat nauseated. So I ache everywhere, I feel a bit sick, and then to top it all off, my head is getting a little foggy---I couldn't think straight if I had mental blinders on. And there are some extra painful places---the fronts of my thighs, my upper, outer arms, and the spots just inside my shoulder blades. I took my 800 milligrams of ibuprofen, and now I'm just waiting for it to kick in. The more infantile part of me just wants to curl up in a ball and cry for a few minutes.

The more grownup part of me is really glad that I felt good during the pumpkin patch, dinnertime, and carving portions of the day. I also feel happy to see how excited about Halloween Justin and Austin are. And I'm happy that Heather is out with her boyfriend and having a good time. I'm glad she is enjoying her senior year. I'm happy that Levi relishes the carving of the pumpkins, approaching it much the way big-brother-Steve always did when we both lived at Mom & Dad's house. I can't wait to open the trick-or-treat candy tomorrow. See, I have all these happy thoughts inside me, too. It's just so hard to stay focused on the happy thoughts when all the bricks come falling down on me.

This whine is officially over.

4 comments:

Dave L said...

wow, you're blowing the record out of the water. I don't really know what fibromyalgia is or what causes it. Maybe you can tell me, I guess some day I will probably know either way right?

I hope you are all better in the morning.

Also, has Leanne ever started a blog? It seems to me that she would like having one of her own.

Denise said...

If you can't whine on your very own blog, then where can you? As far as I'm concerned, that's half the reason to have a blog to begin with!

I wish I knew what to say, or some way to make things better. I hate that you have to deal with this. *gentle, non-painful hugs*

Unknown said...

Nope, Dave, Leanne hasn't started a blog that I know of. It does seem like something she would enjoy, though, doesn't it?

Also, thanks, I did feel better in the morning!!

Unknown said...

You know why you're great, Denise? Because I knew as I was writing this blog that if you had been with me, you would have told me precisely what you just did tell me! And I appreciate having your voice in my head at times such as those!