Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm not asleep

It's around a quarter to six in the morning, and it will be time to get up in another 15 minutes. I have, however, already turned off my alarm because my hubby, who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat, is downstairs snoring whereas I am up, having written a check for lunch money, inserted it into the appropriate backpack, and emailed the teacher of the child in question to tell her that the aforementioned check is, in fact, in the backpack. I have done all this because, as the title of this particular post might suggest, I am not asleep!! I have not yet been asleep, and I am presently guaranteed not to sleep until at least 8:00, which is the very soonest I could be asleep once I get Austin, Levi, and Justin off to school. There are many other things I might have elected to do at this time of the morning, and here are just a few of them:

1. fold the laundry
2. wash a new load of laundry
3. wash dishes, though the clinking and clanking might have been too noisy
4. study my Spanish flip book
5. write emails to all my loved ones
6. arrange those playlists I keep wishing I had on my mp3 player
7. read At Home in Mitford, the book I am currently enjoying
8. do a few pages of Sudoku puzzles
9. keep listening to Angels We Have Heard on High as it runs through my head because it is on the choir's program for Christmas and my brain won't let go of it
10. eat some of the cookies in the kitchen which don't even sound good but are there
11. check all the blogs I frequent for new posts
12. update my own blog----wait a minute, that's what I'm doing.

...and since I had forgotten that I was updating my blog at the very same time that I am doing it, I would think it must be obvious that I really need some sleep. Did I already mention that Myron can fall asleep at the drop of a hat? And that he can sleep through things that are many, many decibels louder than the drop of a pin? Can you guess my feelings about this?

My dog is happy that I'm up. He keeps going in and out of the doggy door, strolling the house to see if anybody else is ever going to wake up, and occasionally coming back to sit near the spot where my feet would be resting were I not sitting on my chair Indian style. Is it completely NOT politically correct to call sitting this way (cross-legged) "Indian style"? Well, I've never really been overly concerned about being PC, so why do I care?

Mr. Bennett just had a little fight with one of the cats. I didn't see it, as the event took place in another room, but I know it was Vickie who was growling and hissing at him. That cat has absolutely no sense of humor.

Oh, well, would you look at that? It's almost time to go wake Austin up for school. See you next time!!! And no, I'm not even going to check for typos before I post. So if you find any, just deal with them. I haven't had any sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are reading At Home in Mitford! One of my all time favorites. for #13 on your list you could add NaNoWriMo - Levi introduced that in his blog and I think you would be great at it! (I know, like you need one more thing on your list...)

Karla said...

Did you ever catch up on your sleep you poor thing? I loved your entry.